Name:
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana

Monday, December 15, 2008

What a fun week!

I had such a fabulously unique week that I was inspired to once again return to the blogging world. (Well, the fun week, the nagging friends and family, and the small amount of down time I decided to take for myself combined to encourage my return.)

Most of you know that I occasionally 'moonlight' as a doula. My friends, Amanda and Owen Nease, invited me to join them in the birth of their son! Amanda choose to labor and deliver in the water. Having watched a few births, I am convinced that water birth is the way to go!
This seemed to be her most comfortable position in the water. Isn't she beautiful? I mean, the girl was having hard, double contractions and still managed to smile in between.
Owen, Amanda and mid-wife, Cathy.
Owen and I assembled, cleaned and disassembled the pool. We had two different sets of directions and I'm pretty sure Candid Camera taped us for their next episode. This picture marked the momentous occasion of finally getting the pool back in its carrier. Can you see the relief on our faces?
Bennett Owen Nease! 9lbs 21.25 inches

Two days later, we had a rare snowy morning in New Orleans!
Posted by Picasa
Later in the week, my friend Eva invited me to watch Pete Sampras and James Blake play an exhibition match in Baton Rouge. We had floor seats!

Pete's still got it! He won in the third set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home