Name:
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Fav Mardi Gras scenes


Please forgive me for my delay in posting. I live in a somewhat third world country and our offices are without phone and internet access for the past few days.

Geez. Well, I think I've finally recovered from my Mardi Gras exhaustion. Seriously, this year's carnival season wore me OUT! I can't even imagine how those folks sportin' hangovers must have felt these past two weeks. Whew. The pic I've posted shows Mel, Daniel, Zack and Jason sifting through some of our loot. I wish I could describe the parade scenery for those of you who have never experienced Mardi Gras. It is like the biggest tailgating party EVER. We left my house at 6:30 a.m. (to get to a parade route 10 miles away) and barely found a place to set-up our chairs. All around us people were firing up grills and waking up in the tents they had set-up the night before along the parade route. We ended up standing next to Nick, who owns a spanish seafood restaurant in the Warehouse District, www.riomarseafood.com, I haven't visited Rio Mar, yet. But, if their entrees are even half as good as the hamburgers he grilled for us, then my tastebuds and belly are in for a special treat. Y'all he grilled the BIGGEST hamburgers I've ever seen in my life. And they had pinenuts in them. And then, he poured melted cheese over the top. It was SO good. It was so big that I could only eat half.

Okay, I'm borrowing a friend's Internet connection, so I have to end this. More Mardi Gras pics when I get back from Mexico. OH, did I mention that I'm going to Mexico next week? Yep, with North Georgia College Baptist Student Union. I'm a last minute addition. Please pray for us!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Hudgins said...

hey! have fun in mexico....you need to come see me when ya get back....and i need to send you directions to the hosp!!! cause lil j will be here before we know it!
love you!

tara

9:28 AM  
Blogger Hollie Carson said...

Liz,
Nice update. When I come to visit, you're so going to take me to the Spanish Seafood restaurant. Do you know how watery my mouth is right now? Mercy alive!!! Oh, and let us know about Mexico. Last I heard you couldn't get a flight out of New Orleans! What the world? I hope you were able to go. Love you-
Holls

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home