Name:
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana

Monday, March 13, 2006

Just Kidding

So, I didn't quite make it to Mexico. When I woke up Friday morning I had this weird feeling that I shouldn't go on the trip. Well, truth be told, I had that nagging feeling for the past two weeks. So, I just prayed that the Lord would do something drastic to show me whether I should stay or go. I mean, I didn't have a "real" reason to say no....I had the time off from work and the trip was paid for.
Well, drastic He did. I could not get a flight out of New Orleans. I wanted to use a buddy pass, so I checked on Monday to make sure that there were seats available. There were plenty, so I didn't worry about taking off from work on Friday to drive to Atlanta. (Not that driving was really an option, my truck is not driveable at the moment)
Imagine my suprise when I got to the airport Friday night to find that EVERY flight from New Orleans to Atlanta was oversold for the next 3 days! I tried to get a one-way ticket to Cancun...sold out for the next two weeks. I tried to get a ticket to Orlando (where the group had a layover) and couldn't get one for 2 days. Isn't that crazy?
I'll tell you one thing though. I lived the past few days with the confidence of knowing that I'm supposed to be here. I've lived more intentionally. And I've wondered why I don't live EVERY day with that same intentionality.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's crazy, but it's so fun to see God work like that. You're right about living intentionally, I need to live more intentionally. Thanks for the reminder. Love you

7:19 AM  
Blogger Hollie Carson said...

Good word Liz. I was shocked when I found out that you couldn't go, but as you said, God is sovereign and He changed some things at the last minute for you. Kinda cool how you had a "feeling" that you shouldn't go. I love it how God just doesn't allow us to simply go on our feelings only. He confirms it with action. So, let us know what happens this week. You're here for a reason!! Doesn't that bring so much peace?

8:25 AM  
Blogger The Hudgins said...

liz,
i was just thinking of you this a.m. and wondering if you were in mexico. that is so incred that God worked it all out for you. big a-Men to hollies post.
SO, that said, when are you gonna come see me and have some din din?!?!?!? are ya free any this week/weekend.
let me know.
luv,
t

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

liz!!
i am excited to hear what God has planned for you this week and i am encouraged by your fully-trusting attitude. that being said...what did you think would happen in mexico? i mean, it could never live up to your last visit to the isle de mujeres with m.c. and i. we were both a little hurt that you even considered traveling to mexico on an ngcsu bsu trip without us... :)

6:24 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

you're right, Donna. I don't know what I was thinking. You remember that magnetic picture frame you made me? You know, the one with the pic of us in Mexico? Well, it survived Katrina! I had it on my fridge. Actually the frame didn't survive completely (the blue jewels fell off) put the pic made it! I was excited to rescue it!

9:24 AM  
Blogger MC Hammer, DJ Jazzy Jeff and EDT said...

Isle de mujeures wouldn't be the same without us..mc, donna, liz, nathan, matthew (i forgot his last name!), ansley and tasha...oh those were the good days! How fun was it that we were on an island telling people about Jesus!!! I need to have that attitude everyday! Thanks for your post Liz!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home